Tuesday, August 30, 2011






Our Home Obsession:
I have officially gotten Adam hooked on HGTV's house hunters. We love to travel to places all over the US together and my absolute FAVORITE thing to do is drive around and look at homes. Sometimes I feel so stuck in Arizona with the boring old stucco, "cookie cutter" homes. I get into a funk about how every neighborhood, street after street has no character or charm? And what's up with our doors?!! I LOVE red doors and we have no red doors here:( My other problem is with the actual four neighborhoods here that do have homes with some sort of Spanish, brick detail... and how they are SUPER expensive! I drool over HGTV and the homes that people get to purchase and live in, but at the same time I am too chicken to move out of this city. It definitely has its perks... the weather (even though I want to kill myself this month in 116 degrees during school), the environment (I have started to appreciate the desert and the fact we are hours away from up North and the beach), and you can't forget the fact that we are in the perfect location in the US, where there are no natural disasters. I also have my family here. How could I move away from them?!? Ugh..... So many feelings...If only I could pick up a beautiful colonial house from North Carolina and set it down in my neighborhood here! If you live in any of these cities...you are LUCKY! If you have never been- GO! Some of the coolest homes I've ever seen:)

My Top 5 Cities with Beautiful Homes:
1. Wilmington, NC
2. Seattle, WA
3. Denver, CO
4. New Orleans, LA
5. Nashville, TN

1 comment: